Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Birthday to the Small Fry!

This post isn't really art related but today is a big day in our house so I'm posting anyway. Exactly at this moment 2 years go I heard my son holler for the first time. The first of many many times but of course I didn't know that at the time. It was such an amazing moment, I don't think I really believed he was real until I heard him. Thank God he was a perfectly normal healthy baby, I felt so lucky! Right at the moment he is rolling around in his bed talking to his animals and singing to himself. In a minute I will have to go get him and feed him breakfast. He doesn't know it's his birthday.... he doesn't know what birthdays are yet. Later today we'll tell him, and sing to him, and have cake and presents, but just for a minute I'm stopping to think about what a big day this is for all of us - 2 years of wonder and exploration for him, 2 years of unlimited love patience for me and his dad, and 2 years of happiness for us all. Happy Birthday Small Fry!

1 comment:

Jennifer O. said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson!!!!